April 7, 2010

Saldana fine with lesbian rumours



Avatar star Zoe Saldana doesn't flinch from rumours that she is gay as she is used to being labelled a lesbian since she was a youngster.

Even though the 31-year-old actress is in a long-term relationship with actor Keith Britton, she admitted that her "very masculine" energy has often raised questions about her sexuality, Contactmusic reported.

"People have sometimes told my grandmother, 'Your granddaughter has a bit of lesbianism in her.' It's that my sisters and I spent all our time among men (growing up). We were very popular with them. Our way of thinking is very masculine," said Saldana.

The actress prefers being dressed in casual jeans instead of skirts and squirms from girly acts like visiting a salon. But these traits make her feel more feminine then anything else.

If you want to punish me, send me to get a manicure or dress me in a skirt or shorts, and I would die. But if you dress me in jeans and a button-down blouse, I feel very sexy, feminine and powerful," said Saldana.

No comments: