March 31, 2010

Jacqueline Fernandez turns Alien



Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez, who will be seen playing an alien in Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai, says she was stunned when director told her to dub for the movie as her Hindi is not very good.

"I am new to Hindi and this is why I was relieved when someone else dubbed for me in my debut Aladin. I was under the impression that same would be repeated in Jaane Kahan.. So I shot my scenes without worrying much about pronunciation and spacing," said Jacqueline.

However, it was this imperfection that her director fell in love with. Due to her character of an alien, Milap Zaveri felt that this would only add value to the film's treatment.

He suggested that Jacqueline's voice be retained and since the film wasn't shot in synch, he wanted the actress to dub for her dialogues.

"Beging shocked would be an understatement. I pleaded Milap to get someone else on board in the dubbing studio. This is just my second film and I felt that I would ruin it if audience hears me speaking Hindi in my own sweet accent. But he formalised it all, blocked my date diary and literally
dragged me into the dubbing room," she said.

Jacqueline was aghast with all that she had mouthed during the shooting of scenes.

"I have no qualms in admitting that Hindi is not something that comes naturally to me. I wanted to kill myself. I wanted to go back to the shoot and re-do everything that I had done as far as mouthing dialogues was concerned."

As task was set out for her and in all seriousness, the actress ended up spending some time to get at least bare minimum finesse even in the 'imperfect' act that was expected from her.

"I sat down, took a deep breath and took some time off to pull up my socks. Thankfully, due to a wonderful crew and especially my co-star and friend Sonal Sehgal, I started feeling much better after every scene. It all went well eventually but honestly, if I look back at the shoot of Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai, it was dubbing which was the most challenging piece of work."

Starring Riteish Deshmukh in lead along with Ruslaan Mumtaz, Sonal Sehgal and Vishal Malhotra in principal roles, Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai boasts of a plethora of guest appearances in the form of Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Karan Johar, Farah Khan, Sajid Khan, Boman Irani and Amrita Rao.

With music by Sajid Wajid and lyrics by Sameer, Jaane
Kahan Se Aayi Hai is presented by Warner Bros and is a co-production of Nikhil Advani and Mukesh Talreja. The film releases on April 9.

No comments: