December 25, 2009

Idols Immersed

It is now a foretold chart –
Remnants of my broken heart
I recall here with every breath:
Words: “Until death do us part!”

Though with work the days I fill,
Meals I skip, or have some swill.
Earth’s no longer a promise great;
Now even heaven doesn’t thrill.

Teaching children once again,
“With every joy, you get some pain.
So as you prepare to take the leap,
For fortitude, you must train.”

Mouths agape as they listen,
I feel my corneal corner glisten.
That evokes some comments wry
Stammering I speak, and lips fasten.

O those days with hand in hand…
Now memory’s like slipping sand.
This time o’ the year, idols drown.
As a child, I’d cry, now stay bland.

You were the zenith of my dreams,
Today, at a pitch, my soul screams
And prays to the pinnacle of faith
To restore love’s tattered seams.

You slung mud; hurt, I spat venom.
We belittled sense of decorum.
Who won in an avoidable fight?
Lost a war in a battle modicum.

I pray to get you back in life,
But is life possible shorn of strife?
Maybe not; but, life after all
Is better than this edge of knife.

Words cruel have split me in two
Who’s the saviour, killer – who?
Adversaries ne’er killed me thus.
Love’s poison slowly does accrue.

Suspicious hearts go haywire,
Aimless, some salvos they fire,
Loveable, minds get vitiated;
Eventually they blast in ire.

I’m certain you regret a lot
All emotions that unity begot:
That which soothes ‘nd that which hurts
Is future with danger fraught?

Yes it is. But no, it is not.
Your scar’s visible, blood has clot.
But I, who had no one here before,
Is now in society’s redundant slot.

Oh gentle winds ‘neath moonlit skies,
Do not you hear my heartfelt cries?
I knew some power ‘f rejuvenation;
But he ‘lone lives, who wilfully tries.

Below the branches, here about,
do not you sense my fear and doubt?
With kin and friends, they attacked me,
Outnumbered I, succumbed in th’ bout.

Upon the meadows, touched with dew,
do not you see my heart askew?
Knowing not how to face devils,
More tears shed, pain all th’ more grew.

O sadist, cruel twinkling stars,
do not you feel my serrated scars?
I was happy with the dark of nights.
Your twinkling image my tars.

Seek not my mournful heart, kind breeze,
For you’ll not find it ‘mongst these trees.
Each time a gust brushes me past
Fearing unknown omens, I freeze.

It’s scattered ‘cross the milky skies,
Accompanied by heartfelt sighs.
A cadaver inflicted with wounds,
Whose blood to wipe, a lone moon tries.

In conspiracy’s incessant rain,
Cleaning image is all in vain.
History says history celebrates
a hero never before he is slain.

Love’s buried b’neath the meadow fair,
Still to know who’s the chief player.
Your validity will never be challenged
B’cause the contender’s just not there.

Alas you’re lost in the stars this night,
Too far to ease my quiet fright.
You, the epitome of care, ‘re yourself
A subject of pity: that’s our plight.

No, take care, don’t seek my heart;
for today, it’s totally torn apart.
But wait till new light dawns on us.
A new passage of life we’ll chart.

No comments: